Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Fever


   I know that I should be writing on one of my many works in progress, but this beautiful weather is really giving me spring fever. All that I really want to do is research all of the places that we want to go on our family vacation this summer.
   We love to travel and we always say that one of these days we are going to head out west and see California, The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, etc. We started out a few months ago thinking about a cruise, then we changed our mind again. Colorado, Montana and Yellowstone was our next pick, at least for a few weeks. Now, we are back to Florida. It's really our favorite place to be, and we spend more summers there than anywhere else.
   We would love to move there someday. Our excuse for going is that we can narrow down where in Florida is the best place for us to live. I really think it's just the draw of the tropics. I think I am happiest when I am surrounded by the beautiful turquoise water, the palm trees, and the warm ocean breezes.
    I keep using the excuse that I would be able to write so much better if I were sitting on my balcony overlooking the clear blue. I think it might be working. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
   As of today, our latest in vacation adventure planning has us back in Orlando for Universal Studios and Sea World for a few days. From there we are going to head south to check out Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Miami, and maybe a little Key Largo. (How we are going to squeeze all of that in, I have no idea.)  I am so excited, June can't get here soon enough.
   I guess that I should get back to doing what I am actually suppose to be doing, writing. Thanks for reading. :)

6 comments:

  1. June can't get here fast enough... I like Key Largo... fun area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I'm enjoying reading your posts! I was wondering if I could interview you for my blog, Southern Writers Network. I'd love to find out more about your experience with indie publishing, Kindle, ebooks, etc...
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have us all dreaming of vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @James- Me too! Come on summer!
    @Andrea- Sorry ;)
    @Louisa- I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds perfect to me. I love writing on my deck in the summertime, but no clear blue for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me either... but I do have live oaks. And mosquitoes. It's always nice to dream. :)

    ReplyDelete