Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!!

   It's Fat Tuesday down here in the south, so... Happy Mardi Gras!! I hope that everyone that is out at the parades and on Bourbon Street remembers to stay safe! I really wanted to go myself, but I am not a big fan of standing in the rain all day, so I think I will skip out this year.
   I have started another book, not about Callie Rose but I am working on her as well. I love it! I just get so excited when I start writing. It's like I get to live another life for a while. Crazy, I know. I will let you know when I come up with a title and when it will be available.
   One thing that I have discovered on my writing journey is that I tend to differ greatly from a lot of other writers. From what I read, some tend to obsess over technical stuff like where you place your comma or did you use to many -ly words. I don't really do that, and maybe that's why I have Stay being edited again. I really just take myself to another place, put myself in another world, I am actually Callie Rose while I'm writing. It drives my husband crazy because he requires to much attention. :) I can't write when he is around. If I get interrupted, it takes me out of that place and then I have to work to get back there. That's why I try to do most of my writing when everyone is at school or work. Just a little glimpse into how I do my thing.
   I am working on getting some items imprinted with my logo. I would love to start running some contests. I am thinking of doing one for readers who post a review on B&N, Kindle, or Goodreads. As of right now I only have one review and I would love to hear more.
   Any other ideas or suggestions? I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment