Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Day (or so) In My Life

Me and My Son, Chase



   The last few weeks have been so busy. I haven't had a chance to sit down and actually write a true blog post. Today is my day to catch up.

   I hope that everyone is enjoying their spring. I sure am. I love warm weather. I grew up close to Baltimore, so you would think that I would be acclimated to the cold but I can't take it. At some point in the 15 or so years that I have lived in Louisiana I have learned that it's much nicer not to have to deal with it. Don't get me wrong, I do miss the snow sometimes. Especially around the holidays. Christmas just doesn't seem like Christmas when it's 75 degrees, but I can live without it.

   Easter has come and gone. I was so thankful that I got to spend some time with my oldest baby. (He'll be 19 in June.) He's been living in Maryland with his grandparents and going to school. It seems like just yesterday that he was toddling around. He probably enjoyed Louisiana a little too much. Let's just say that he got a good taste of what Bourbon Street in New Orleans is all about. 

   I have had to work a lot of extra shifts at work lately, which has thrown off my daily routine. Well, I didn't have to work, but it's the time of year for folks to be taking vacations and such. Not to mention having babies. I guess you could say that I was paying it forward. I am hoping to take lots of time off this summer, and I hope that someone will cover for me when I do. 

   Only 12 more mornings to have to get the kids up and dressed for school. I am so excited to be able to sleep in. I know that my days will not be as quiet and peaceful as they have been, but I am so ready for a break from teachers and homework. I know the boys are too.

   Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow and my BFF insists that I go to a party at a restaurant not far from here. It will be my first experience, but I know that it will be fun. Of course, I am no longer a 21 year old heading out to have a good time. I am a 30 something mom who is bringing her kids, but I am sure that I will still have a lot of fun.

   Oh, I almost forgot! I  have been trying my hand at writing some book reviews. I am not very good at it, but I'm working on it. I read a ton of books and I felt like I needed to do what I could to help support my fellow writers. I hope that they help you to discover some great reads.

   Enough rambling! Back to writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment