Thursday, May 19, 2011

Review of Immortal by Lauren Burd

Immortal
by
Lauren Burd



Synopsis

   The wound inflicted only a few minutes before was nearly healed. A small cut was the only sign that anything had occurred. I watched in disbelief as it finished closing and eventually disappeared.


   “What are you?” 
* * *
   Gods, demons, fiends, eighteen year old Alina Taylor doesn’t believe in any of them, until she meets Samuel Grant and Duncan Michaels, and discovers a world that could destroy everything she loves.


   Review

   This book was most definitely a Twilight copycat mixed with a hint of The Vampire Diaries. With that being said... I still thought it was great. I will admit that I loved Twilight and The Vampire Diaries, so the similarities did not offend me at all.
   I found myself very engrossed in the story and falling in love right along with Alina, the main character. There were some places in the book that seemed to jump from one thing to something completely different without warning and leaving me a bit confused. Other than that, I truly enjoyed it and look forward to the sequel.

I give it 4 stars.
* * * * 

No comments:

Post a Comment